This policy manual contains the policies of the Board of Education of the Missouri Valley Community School District. Policy development is a dynamic, ongoing process. New problems, issues and needs give rise to the continuing need to develop new policies or to revise existing ones.
How to Use the Policy Manual
The district operates according to policies established by its board of directors. The board develops policies after careful deliberation, and the school administration implements them through specific regulations and procedures. The board reviews and evaluates its policies and makes revisions as necessary.
The manual is organized according to a numeric codification system. There are ten major classifications bearing a numeric Series Code.
- Series 100 - Educational Philosophy and Objectives
- Series 200 - Board of Directors
- Series 300 - Administration
- Series 400 - Employee
- Series 500 - Student
- Series 600 - Educational Program
- Series 700 - School Support Services
- Series 800 - Business Procedures
- Series 900 - Building & Sites
- Series 1000 - School - Community Relations